Friday, October 11, 2013

20 Weeks!

What?!? 20 weeks? I'm already halfway???

It's crazy how the time has gone by so fast, but so slow at the same time. The first trimester felt like it went on forever because I was on bed rest for most of it, but this second trimester has been flying by.

Other than the Subchorionic Hematoma and all of the bleeding and bed rest, the first trimester wasn't too bad. I was very lucky because I had minimal morning sickness. I didn't have much of an appetite, and I did feel pretty nauseous off and on for a few weeks but I never actually threw up. I don't know if I had the typical fatigue like most ladies get, being on bed rest I was resting all of the time so I really didn't get tired.

As for the second trimester, I have felt pretty good! The one exception is that I lost so much of my strength being in bed for almost 2 months that I had lots of pain and cramps as I was regaining my strength. But, that's about the worst of it. I haven't really started to "show" until recently, but baby has measured right on track, or bigger at each appointment so I guess I'm just a slow show-er.  We were lucky to find out the gender at 16 weeks. We held a reveal party where we all found out together with a cake, some of Travis' family was even able to fly in from the Midwest for the party, it was an absolute blast! I'm so happy to say that baby F is TEAM PINK!!! :) As far as feeling movements, I haven't experienced too much of this yet because I have an anterior Placenta (it's on the front acting as a barrier between the baby and I.) I do feel a few little nudges on the sides a few times a day, and in the coming weeks as baby girl gets stronger I should start to feel more and more. I can't wait, feeling her little movements is easily the best part of my day!

Now onto some fun recaps...






Out little girl at the 20 week anatomy scan
20 weeks!





Thank you everyone who has kept us in your thoughts and prayers, it still just means so much to us. We still have to pinch ourselves from time to time to confirm that this is all real. Sure, we still worry, but we are so happy, and feeling so so blessed! We are trying to take it all in while doing our best to enjoy every minute of this beautiful journey.

I continue to think about my fellow TTC sisters that I've met throughout my journey, I haven't forgotten about you even though I have been horrible about keeping up with blogging.You all are on my minds, and in my prayers often!

XOXO
Subchorionic Hematoma
Subchorionic Hematoma

4 comments:

  1. I've just read up your story and I am so glad you're going to become a mummy!!! A little girl - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your baby girl! Miss you…you've been quiet lately.

    ReplyDelete