Wednesday, May 15, 2013

It's Been A While!

I can't believe that my last post was almost a month ago. It feels like National Infertility Awareness Week was just last week, well maybe not quite, but the time has gone by pretty fast.

Not much has been going on recently, that's probably the reason for no new posts. I'm on day 23 of 28 for my second month of the Lupron Depot, and this month has not been going very well to be honest! The first month was fine, I was a little moody, had some hot flashes, but it was pretty manageable. Once I got that second shot everything went crazy. My hot flashes have been so bad, and they happen a lot, like a whole lot. I am either both hot and sweating like I'm running a marathon in 120 degree weather, or I'm cold and clammy. There hasn't been a happy medium.  That actually isn't even the worst of it, the biggest side effect that I've been having is insomnia. I have been unable to sleep well at all for the past 20 days, many nights I only get a couple of hours total. However; since starting my acupuncture I have noticed a slight improvement in the insomnia, but it has still been pretty bad. I am thinking that these side effects should be tapering down now that I am nearing the end of the 28 days.  I look forward to my Lupron Depot days being over! I am so ready to get onto the next step of the cycle, I feel like I have been at a standstill for too long because of the 2 Lupron Depot months. I know this was the right plan for us, but I am definitely eager to get one of our little Blasts transferred soon.


So in less than a week I start my FET meds. I am super excited, super anxious, super nervous, but most of all, super READY!! All of the meds have been ordered, and the packages will be coming on Friday!

Once I start the meds I have been told that I need to keep my heart-rate under 140 indefinitely. Now, I run a lot, so this was a worry for me because I never keep track of my heart-rate. My birthday is coming up on June 27 (only 8 days after our beta pregnancy test, yikes) so my husband decided to get me a heart-rate monitor as an early birthday gift. I'm so excited about it, I have wanted one for a while now, and the timing couldn't be better! Now I can work out and not have to worry. Unfortunately, my days of running probably are over, I think it will end up being more of a brisk walk starting on Tuesday, but I will enjoy any exercise that I can get.


Now that the ball is rolling again with our IVF, I will definitely be less of a stranger, many more posts will be coming up! :)

I hope everyone is having an awesome Wednesday!

XOXO

8 comments:

  1. Yay new post! So exciting you start your FET meds so soon! Can't wait til your blast is transferred and settles in beautifully for 9 months!

    I also have that polar heart rate monitor. Hasn't got as much use as it should have so hopefully I can start using it. They're amazing! Great early birthday gift, practical in many ways for you! Hoping your insomnia goes away soon, you poor thing! You must be exhausted!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It's pretty surreal, I've just been waiting so long!

      Hopefully you can bust that little guy out soon, maybe...I need to ask, but I'm pretty sure your heart-rate also needs to stay pretty low during pregnancy too, but I don't know the exact value. It's really nice though, I took it for a run today, and liked knowing what my heart-rate was, though I need to settle way down next week, I was well over 140.

      Thank you, it's weird, I'm tired but I'm actually not? If that even makes sense lol. It's so worth it though, maybe that's why I'm actually hanging in there! :)

      Delete
  2. Love that you got a heart rate monitor.... I've been thinking of getting one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used it several times now, I love it!! :)

      Delete
  3. Juen 10 is coming around in no time.
    Fingers crossed & praying for success :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet gift from hubby! I'm glad to hear from you. Been wondering how things are going. I'm so anxious so excited for your transfer. Hope this works for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete