Monday, March 4, 2013

AMAZING News At Suppression Check!!!

I am in such a great mood, I have been unable to stop smiling, things could not have gone any better this morning at our Suppression Check! :)

So during an ultrasound in December, I had a pretty big and concerning mass taking up my left ovary. I was told by the nurse doing the ultrasound, and by our Dr. at the regroup that this mass appeared to be an Endometrioma (NOT good news.) So during the regroup, the Dr. said that he planned on avoiding that side all together if he could during the retrieval. He did not want to risk disturbing the cyst, it would end up causing me a great deal of pain. This was bad because it meant that I would end up having less eggs that could be retrieved because that side was "out of order" so to speak. That was something that worried me, but I did finally come to terms with that too. Our Dr. was still confident, so that was all that mattered.

Fast forward to today.... I am on the table waiting for the ultrasound to start, worried sick that the stupid cyst has been growing since December. So the nurse doing the ultrasound examined my right side first, and that was all clear, which did not come as much of a surprise, that has always been my good side. When she went over to the left side we were pleasantly surprised to see that side was pretty clear too! There was a little sack of some sort, probably the remainder of that cyst from December. This was such a relief to see, I feel like this has been such an uphill battle from the start, I am so happy to finally get some good news. I do have Polycystic ovaries too, so odds are, this cyst must have been associated with that. Regardless, I am happy that my body finally gave us a little bit of a break.

Everything else with the suppression check went great. We are all set to go, I start stim meds on March 7th. On a side note, I am a little annoyed that I have jury duty on the 7th as well. So we will be doing our first injection around 7:30 am and 20 minutes later I will need to head down to the courthouse... What timing, right? Yes, it is inconvenient, but I keep reminding myself that it could always be worse.

I will start off by taking Menopur, Gonal-F, and Dexamethasone. The first two medications are injected, and are part of a typical IVF protocol. I think that Dexamethasone is also really common, but this one is a steroid that I will be taking at night. From what I understand, it will lower my chances of developing OHSS (Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome.) It has other purposes as well, but for me, it seems like that is it's main purpose. Due to the Polycystic ovaries, I am at a greater risk of developing OHSS, but they will be monitoring me so closely that I am not worried at all about that. I have all the faith in the world in my Dr., and actually the entire staff at CCRM. I can never say enough good things about them, I just think the world of everyone I have dealt with so far!

Here we go!
 
Until next time,

XOXO

6 comments:

  1. WHOOOOO! What an exciting bit of news! So grateful to hear you finally got some positive news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so shocked when I finally got good news, hopefully it keeps coming! :)

      Delete
  2. Great news that things are progressing well and your cyst has cleared. If it helps, my first injection was at a wedding in the back seat of my car. It's the things we do LOL fingers crossed for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ha ha, yea that would not be an ideal place to be for that first shot, but I bet you were a pro after that. ;) That would be so stressful, but it's all worth it, and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

      Delete
  3. EEP! It's so soon. Yay for you. I can't wait to see how it goes. Just added you to my blog love page...hope that is okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet of you, thank you! I only have a few on my blog list so far, but you are on mine as well. :)

      Delete