Friday, April 12, 2013

Blessed


I want to start off by saying that I am not good with words, at all. I am overly emotional, and words just always seem to fail me when I try to express myself. I have found that using music to express myself can be so much easier than trying to find the words to convey exactly how I feel. Sometimes it's just easier to leave it up to the professionals to help me find my voice! ;)

So while I was in the car the other day, I had my iPod on shuffle, which isn't something I do very often just because I have SOOO many songs, and I usually am in the mood for something specific.  I haven't listened to Elton John in years, but I used to be a big fan, so of course, I have quite the collection of his songs.  This song came on at a time when I was feeling down and out, it was a time when I really needed to hear this message so badly.  I just felt like this song came on for me to hear right at that exact moment for a reason, like I was meant to hear it.  I know that may sound silly to some, but for me, it makes perfect sense. I love this song, I always have, but I hadn't ever really listened to the lyrics before.  I mean, I knew them by heart, but I had never really processed what they meant, what the song was about. This is pretty much the PERFECT song for someone going through infertility. The message is so clear, and so positive, and I know now what I need to do. I need to be patient, I spend so much time obsessing and trying to be in control, and I hate that this is something I have absolutely no control over. I do truly believe that I will be a mother (how it happens is out of my hands) but when I do, I will spend the rest of my life making sure that this child has the very best life that's humanly possible. I will be there for my child in every way, and it is going to be wonderful! I just need to be patient right now and know that everything that is meant to happen will happen. The timing is out of my hands, but when it finally does happen, it will be perfect.




Hey you, you're a child in my head
You haven't walked yet
Your first words have yet to be said
But I swear you'll be blessed

I know you're still just a dream
Your eyes might be green
Or the bluest that I've ever seen
Anyway, you'll be blessed

And you, you'll be blessed
You'll have the best
I promise you that
I'll pick a star from the sky
Pull your name from a hat
I promise you that, promise you that, promise you that
You'll be blessed

I need you before I'm too old
To have and to hold
To walk with you and watch you grow
And know that you're blessed

And you, you'll be blessed
You'll have the best
I promise you that
I'll pick a star from the sky
Pull your name from a hat
I promise you that, promise you that
You, you'll be blessed
You'll have the best
I promise you that
I'll pick a star from the sky
Pull your name from a hat
I promise you that, promise you that, promise you that
You'll be blessed

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness- I've heard this song many times before, but never processed the words, either. This is SO fitting. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!! :) I just had to share, I've been really enjoying this song since that day in the car now!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I just watched it on YouTube twice in a row! I too always loved the song, but never really listened to the words! So fitting and a great reminder to be patient and not dwell! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I've been listening to it so much now! It's been bringing me comfort & peace, two things that we all can tend to lack during these tough times!! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, girl! Thanks for posting this. I am not so good with words either, I think that's why I love music too! Praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm praying for you too! Hopefully your TWW is going well!!! :)

      Delete