Monday, April 1, 2013

Laura The Grouch



Well, I have been on the Lupron Depot for a week now. The first few days were GREAT, I was thinking that maybe I was getting lucky and wouldn't have any side effects. Boy was I wrong...

1. HOT FLASHES! So the hot flashes are definitely no joke. I will randomly just get so hot, it feels like my body is on fire! This may fall into the TMI category...but the other day I had to actually change my shirt because I got so hot and sweaty during one of my hot flashes, it was awful, and pretty gross.  They are worse at night while I'm sleeping, but it doesn't effect my sleep too much or anything, which is a plus. I actually find the ones that happen during the day to be more problematic than the night ones.

2. THE MOOD SWINGS! Wow, I never thought that I could be this grouchy and moody! The littlest things set me off these days, I'm an emotional wreck. One minute I'm happy, the next I'm mad, and just a few minutes after that, I'm in tears. Last night, my husband and I were playing a new strategy board game for the first time. These games are pretty hard and insanely complicated, especially the first few times you play them. In hindsight, we never should have played the game given my mood swings, but we didn't think of that.  Basically, I wasn't the one who read the instructions, and I was totally misunderstanding some of the rules, and I thought I was doing better than I was. Between getting my butt kicked, and finding out I wasn't playing correctly, the game ended abruptly with me having a meltdown. That was not fun for either of us. We learned that we need to keep things light and low stress for me until I'm off the Lupron Depot. Comedies, non-competitive games, yoga, walks, ect...

It has been rough to say the least, but I have also heard that as the drug weakens in your system, so do the side effects, so we look forward to that happening in the coming weeks. Other than those two side effects, I'm doing OK. We're just taking it one day at a time at this point, hoping I can keep my cool (pun intended) as much as possible. I just keep reminding myself that this is all going to be worth it in the end! :)

I want to just end this by saying that I have so much respect for any woman who has gone through Menopause, or is currently going through it!! This is tough!



XOXO




4 comments:

  1. The first few weeks were the hardest for me then the symptoms went away. I found myself crying for no apparent reason and was so emotional the first couple of weeks. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, that's me too, it's so rough. Sometimes I feel like I am losing my mind lol. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Hang in there, hun! So excited for you... I'm right there with you on the hot flashes... it's crazy intense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is, the things some of us women have to go through...

      Delete