Friday, February 15, 2013

A Nice Escape

Let me just start by saying, Winter Park, Colorado in one of my all-time favorite places on Earth! Not only is it my favorite ski resort, but I also just love the town. It is one of those places that just makes me so happy, I have countless fantastic memories associated with Winter Park and we jump at every opportunity to make it up there. My husband and I even spent our first wedding anniversary in Winter Park. We got a dog-friendly room at The Vintage for a few days and packed up ourselves and the pups and knocked around in the mountains for the weekend.  It was such a relaxing and wonderful getaway, I go back to that trip in my mind all the time, it is one of my many "happy places."  It does not matter to us what month it is, we love Winter Park year-round.

We get emails from Winter Park Resort every now and then, which has been great because we have gotten some insane deals that way. When we went on Wednesday February 13 2013 we paid $65 each for our lift tickets, but if we would have paid at the window that day they would have been $104 each. WOW! We both were able to take off from work and take advantage of the deal. Not only was the price great, but the slopes were so empty. There were no waits for the lifts, and I only saw a few fellow skiers/boarders each run I did. I sometimes get stressed out when it gets too crowded, so this was perfect for me, I want to start going during the week more often.

On a side note, if you ever do find yourself in Winter Park, I highly recommend Hernando's Pizza & Pasta Pub. They have such amazing food, service, drinks, and the atmosphere is so fun. It is the perfect place to unwind after a long day on the slopes.  I found out in 2010 that I have a gluten intolerance, but I have been eating at Hernando's long before that. I was terrified that I would no longer be able to enjoy one of my favorite places, but I am happy to report that they do have gluten free options, including gluten free pizza! My first time eating GF at Hernanado's was stressful because I figured that the pizza would never live up to their regular pizza that I have grown to love so much, but I was pleasantly surprised! They make a really good gluten free pizza, I even remember telling Travis that I was worried that I was getting glutened because it tasted so good.  I was so relieved that I was not sick the next day, it turned out that their GF pizza was just that good.  Sadly, we were unable to stop for pizza this time around. It had been snowing most of the day and the roads were starting to get bad, we just wanted to get up and over the pass as soon as we could. There is always next time.

 Although we were only there for one day this time, it was a great mini getaway for us. When you are going through infertility any little break that you can take from life is something to truly cherish. We felt more relaxed, and energized after taking a day off from everything. I am hoping we can fit at least one more ski trip in this season, but since we are now starting our IVF cycle I am not sure. Maybe after the retrieval...
 
Here are some pictures from our trip, and also a few from our anniversary trip in August 2011.











It was a great day trip, with even better company!! :)

Also, we saw our fertility Dr. the next day and got some new updates. Some good news, some bad news, you know, the usual....I will be doing another post with all of the newest developments this weekend.

Until next time,
XOXO

4 comments:

  1. yeah, travis definitely does look stressed at the drive. Berthoud pass! I just thought of that randomly after we both were like, "Whatever that pass is named just earlier" Haha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL he wasn't too happy at that point....Oh yea that's it!! :) I always remember Hoosier pass, but Berthoud, not so much.

      Delete
  2. What a fun trip!!! Laura...I don't want to miss any posts but can't find the google friend button to follow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, I'm so glad you mentioned it. I had deleted everything when I first started messing around with the layouts, but I didn't add the google friends back. Thank you!! :)

      Delete