Sunday, February 3, 2013

New Beginings

My husband and I have officially embarked on a brand new journey.  We are starting our first In Vitro Fertilization cycle at the Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM.) We never thought this would be the road that we would be placed on, but this is where we are, and we are determined to make the best of the situation.  Something I remind myself of everyday is that "everything happens for a reason."  I have no idea why this had to be our path when other people can get pregnant so incredibly easy. Regardless, we are taking this one day at a time.  The harsh reality is that every new day brings another painful heartbreak for us, but our hope is that someday we will be able to understand why this was our fate...

As some of you may know, I also run a beauty blog but I have not actually blogged since September 2012.  As all of these new challenges and bad news kept coming our way, my interest in beauty/cosmetics changed.  Do not get me wrong, I still love makeup, but I have not had it in me to pretend that I am as excited as I used to be for all of the newly released collections. I used to live for that, but honestly, right now it is no longer something that I am all too concerned about.  Plus, we have been trying to save as much money as possible due to the cost of fertility treatments. I do not know what the fate of my beauty blog will be, odds are this is just a short break for me.  My passion has always been makeup so I am sure I will find my way back to that eventually, I always do. :)

I have decided that I do really miss blogging, but as my life has changed, so has the topics that I like to discuss.  That being said, IVF is not who I am, or all that my life consists of.  As a result, this blog will not be 100% about our fertility adventure.  I will also be sharing day-to-day things, recipes, photos, a little bit of everything. Of course there will be quite a bit about IVF, but that won't be all.





6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The topic is a tad different, but yep I'm back, hopefully you enjoy the posts!! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm your newest follower! I look forward to following your journey to be a mommy!


    http://thebirkelands.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follow! I'm over on your blog exploring right now, I look forward to following your journey as well!! :)

      Delete
  3. Best of luck on your journey! I will be following your progress and sending positive vibes your way. We start our round 5/6 of IVF this month.

    http://ohairbiscuit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!

      I'll be sending positive vibes to you as well! I look forward to following your journey too, hopefully this will be your cycle!! :)

      Delete