Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ready, Set, GO!

For literally one of the first times in my life, my cycle actually started on the exact day I wanted it to! Typically I am 1-2 weeks late, so it really is a big deal that I was only a few days late this month. Perhaps this is a sign that good things are about to come? We can only hope...

I was overjoyed with the arrival of my cycle, but that joy went away pretty quickly once the intense pain set in. Yesterday was a really bad day as far as pain goes, I had the type of pain that literally causes tears, and it was very difficult to focus on much of anything. Today's pain is still pretty bad, but definitely nowhere near as bad as yesterday. I had a Laparoscopy in May of 2012, and I have noticed that my pain has been getting progressively worse each month since that surgery. I am probably just getting back to the same pain that I had before the surgery. I got spoiled for those first months following the surgery, I felt pretty good most of the time.

This is what my night last night consisted of...I had my heating pad, some hot cocoa, and my pink snuggie. I was as comfortable as I could have been.

So yesterday was cycle day 1, and on day 3, I start the 25 days of birth control. I am relieved to have gotten my set schedule, now I finally know what the plan is for everything leading up to the retrieval. I am the type of person who really needs schedules and structure in life, so now I feel much better having the schedule finalized. I am feeling more nervous, but also more excited to finally get going on this. 

YAY!

I will start this off by saying that I have 100% faith in our Dr. at CCRM, he has an excellent reputation and track record, I know that we are getting the very best care from him given our specific situation. That being said, I am definitely bummed with the way our IVF cycle is planned out.  The way the cycle is set up, I will be doing the egg retrieval in March, but they will be freezing the embryos at that time. We will not end up doing the transfer until June or July. Of course, a fresh embryo transfer is better than a frozen embryo transfer. But, because of my severe Endometriosis and Polycystic Ovaries those issues need to be taken care of before we do the transfer.  So after the retrieval, I will go on 2 months of Lupron. Hopefully by the end of that second Lupron month the Dr. will say that I am ready to do the transfer. He has suggested potentially needing another Laparoscopy, but we are praying that the Lupron will be enough.

When I think about the entire cycle as whole, I get discouraged because June/July is so far away. This road has already been so long and difficult for us, we are so ready for it to all be over. One thing that has been helping me is to break the cycle down into parts. I keep a smaller, but closer, end in sight. This way I am taking it month by month, one step at a time. The transfer is still so far away, so I am trying to not think about it yet. We will cross that bridge when we get there.

Right now I am grateful to finally be on the starting line.

One step at a time!

Also, I have found a new favorite song that really has been inspiring for me lately, Carry On, by Fun. When I feel down and defeated it has done a great job at raising my spirits up again. I just love it! If you are going through a rough time too, I recommend listening to this song. I think it can be helpful for many different situations.

On one final and completely unrelated note...I am doing a Photo-A-Day challenge on Instagram, (they are so much fun) and today's picture was a nail of the day. I decided to do a pink and white polka dot design. I wanted to share it because I just love the finished look, I cannot help but smile when I look down at my nails! :)




Until next time,

XOXO


6 comments:

  1. Good luck on your IVF. That sucks you have to wait to transfer but hopefully the docs know what they are talking about. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, good luck to you as well. I have been following your journey, I prey you have a happy ending soon! :)

      Delete
  2. who are you seeing at CCRM? Are you in CO? I am in north Denver...good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are seeing Dr. Surrey, I just love everyone that I have met at CCRM, it is such a blessing to be so close to such a great fertility center. Yes I too am a Coloradoan, I am in Colorado Springs.

      Delete
  3. My pain after my surgery has been horrible as well. Did your doc tell you why it's so bad? I'm following and I'm so excited about your IVF cycle! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you start to get some relief soon! I was told that the pain after surgery was so bad because they ended up doing a lot of work to get me as cleaned out as possible and it ended up being pretty invasive. The post-surgery pain slowly went away but of course the regular Endometriosis pain did end up coming back too. This disease is such a pain in the butt!

      Thank you! :) I'm scared, excited, overwhelmed, but mostly just ready to get this show on the road. Do you blog?

      Delete